Thursday, January 20, 2011

...when earth collides with all the space between.

You know that update I promised? Well, it's time. And just because I'm in sort of a Quentin Tarentino mood, I'm doing it in reverse order. Trust me, it works better that way.

So this week, Cole has been gone to his father's. That's enough about that.

Last week was a normal week. Work, sleep, housework, work... Thursday was extra exciting because I ordered this dress that I'd had my eye on for a bit. But that's about all.

The week before that... oh, busy, busy. We spent the later part, the 5th through the 9th at my parents having a belated Christmas. My birthday was then, too. And my uncles and aunt came over. It was a good time. B got to meet more of my family and Cole was cracked out on sugar the WHOLE time. I have no idea how much candy he snuck (I know, that's not a word). I seriously need to clean out his toys. He already had too much and now he has waaaaaay too much.

Oh, yes, and New Years. Can't for get New Years. I did my usual didn't-do-anything for New Years Eve. Actually, I was working at the stroke of midnight. And I left work at 12:40, oh so ready to go home.

And then, I got a call. From B. And he told me to go back to work.

I couldn't figure out why he would say that. So, I asked, "WHY?!?". And he told me, "Because that's where I am."

I didn't understand that. He had to tell me about 5 times in all to turn around and come back. I had driven right past him when I left. I didn't really believe him until I pulled back in the parking lot and saw him standing there. I was pretty well in shock when I got out of my car, so you'll have to ask him if I greeted him appropriately or not.

And I got in his car. He had stopped by my place and grabbed clothes for me to change into, and stopped off for me to quick change. And then off we went. He refused to tell me to where and it took me a while to figure it out since he took the most backwards way possible. There is a dam in the area, and we've been out there before. So, he hauled me up the hill to the top of the spillway. And, yes, he kissed me.

Which was what I expected to happen after I finally figured out we were heading towards the dam.

But then, he got on one knee.

I didn't expect that.

And, yes, he asked me to marry him.

I'd actually had some witty remarks prepared for when this happened, you know, in six months or a year. I managed to forget every one of them. I barely was able to choke out, "Yes."

The adventured of this single mom are drawing to a close. Soon, they will be adventures of another sort.

Cole's uber excited. Oh, and so am I.

3 comments:

  1. I am sooooooooo excited! He is such a sweetheart and I am so glad that you will be embarking on this new adventure with someone so great as he! I am so thrilled that Cole is excited! Congratulations, again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm excited, too! Congratulations! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dry-humor style of writing and how the excitement just oozes out in spite of it! Haha! I looove this post and I'm excited for you, too! :D

    ReplyDelete