Saturday, April 23, 2011

The long and winding road...

It's 5am and I am awake. This is pretty noteworthy. My husband left for work not long ago. He is working from 5am til 1 on a Saturday, doing something super exciting like screwing lids on bottles.

I'm very proud of him.

Oh, yeah, so, I'm married now. Have been for about 2 weeks.

The wedding went great. I managed to (mostly) not freak out and stick with my original ideas and everything came together incredibly well. It wouldn't have without a lot of help from family and friends, which I'm a very thankful for. It turned out just like we had wanted from the get-go, despite my best efforts to screw it up.

The honeymoon was wonderful, too. 5 days in a secluded cabin on the Ocoee River in Tennessee. It's beautiful there and very peaceful.

We've been back home for about a week and a half now. Ten days. Something like that. It's 5am, give me a break. The spelling correction is going nuts right now and I'm not that good at counting at a normal hour. Where was I? Oh, back home, ten days. It's been good. Cole has adjusted really well. I've been surprised. I expected more uncertainty from him, and there was a little the first day or two. But he is generally just very happy and excited about everything. He keeps saying things about being a family or B being around for always and it's always with a big grin. He talks about doing things in the future as a family and it's with certainty instead of just hope. It's actually very easy to tell the difference.

Cole has also given us permission to have a baby (or 13), as long as it's not a sister. He is pretty dead set against having a sister. Or a girlfriend. Which is okay by me. I have on my to-do list to find the local chapter of the He-man Woman Hater's Club and see if he can join. It would be okay by me if he didn't like girls for about the next 15 years or so.

Although, in about 15 years, I am probably going to start demanding that he get married and give me grandchildren. It's just a guess.

This has been a really long-winded, rambly was to say that life is good. Very good. And very different from where it was 10 months ago. If I had been told that things would change this dramatically, I would have never believed it. Occasionally I still don't.

God answers prayers, and He does so thoroughly.

My adventures as a single mom are over. I've learned a lot. It's made me a person that I am actually proud of and one I never thought I would be. Nineteen year old me would look at who I am now and be totally confused. Everything I thought I needed to be happy and I was working towards then aren't even on the radar now. My goals and dreams and who I am and desire to continue to be are actually things that I looked down on back then.

I can't tell you how glad I am about that. There just aren't words.

I'm off to have adventures as a wife, and as a mother. And, one day, after I've managed to clean my house and write thank you cards to all the people I'm very thankful for, I'll have some adventures as a blogger again.

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you and for Cole. This was so touching. I wish you all the happiness. God does answer prayers!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *happy sigh* I love how happy you sound. God is very, very good. I love that Cole is doing so well, too. :) Prayers for you all as you start out on your new adventures! Will definitely look forward to hearing more from you when/if ever you come back to the blogosphere. :)

    ReplyDelete