Monday, June 14, 2010

Talk is cheap...

Cole went outside today to catch lightening bugs. I was helping him get them in the jar. And he comes up to me with a frog. He wanted to put in the jar, too, so he could watch it eat the lightening bugs. So we did, and it did, and he was thrilled. Kids really make you realize just how wonderful the little things in life are.

I am supposed to be folding four loads of laundry right now. They are over on the couch laughing at me. I have to admit, I hate working. I don't hate it while I am at work. I don't mind putting in the hours and doing my job. I just hate that it takes the energy that I could use on doing things I want to do. I don't want to spend the energy cleaning up after my co-workers and making food for my customers. I want to spend my energy chasing my son around and cleaning my own house and making food for Cole. But by the time I get home and night and have time to do all the things I want to do, I no longer have the energy to enjoy them. They become a chore. Honestly, I really do enjoy doing laundry and cleaning house and cooking. But I never want to do any of that, because I'm just too tired.

I think sometimes that our culture as a whole as lost sight of what is really important. So many people work hard to get the things that they want, only to never have time to enjoy them. I think I'd rather not have as much and have the time to enjoy those things that are important to me.

1 comment:

  1. If I could, I would come fold your laundry (yes, I know you enjoy it) so you could chase Cole around and enjoy the important things. Kids definitely have a way of showing us what is most important!

    ReplyDelete