Sunday, June 13, 2010

So, here goes...

Alright. I'm not a blogger. I mean, I read blogs a lot. I just haven't written one before, because I have no idea what I have to say that people might actually want to read. I cannot possibly be that interesting.

I'm Julie. I'm a divorced mom. I got married impetuously when I was 20 and pregnant. "It seemed like a good idea at the time" really doesn't cut it, but it's about all I've got. After 2 years he left me and our son, which really was about the nicest thing he ever did for me. A couple months later, I ditched the city of Atlanta (where I had lived for the last 10 years and where my parents live) and headed into rural Mississippi to live in a cabin. It did seem like a good idea the time, and most days it still seems like a pretty great idea. Oh, sure, there is the occasional day or week or month when I want to torch my house and drive to the nearest urban center, but that's normal... right?

I moved around bunches as a kid (it comes with being a preacher's kid). The idea of living in one place for the rest of my life is sort of scary. I was home schooled, and I want to home school my son. Which for a single working mom is no easy task and I haven't begun to work out the details. For now, we're doing pre-school a few days a week. Cole (that's my son) loves it. He loves most things, though, which is pretty awesome. And if he doesn't absolutely love it, then he absolutely hates it, which isn't nearly as awesome. I don't really know if I even have a "parenting philosophy", I'm just trying to raise an independent, responsible kiddo.

I have no idea what is going to happen in the next few months or years. Five years ago I had the next 10 years of my life planned out. And while the constant not really knowing does drive me nuts, I wouldn't give up a minute of my crazy adventure of being a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment