Friday, June 18, 2010

It's Friday, I'm in love.

Today had been a really long day. I usually leave to work at 9:30 in the mornings. Today I left at 7:30, in order to make half of a $1,200 order we had today. Half went out this morning, the other half in the evening. It really wasn't that much, but everything seems harder when you're still in morning mode.

And work was pretty much all I did today. I didn't get off work til 7, which is late. I picked Cole up (okay, I stopped for a shaved ice by myself on the way... don't tell Cole!) and came home. He found a movie to watch so I could take a shower, we both snacked because there was no way I was making dinner, and that was it.

Days like this just feel like a waste. I didn't actually do anything at all besides work. But I have tomorrow. Tomorrow Cole goes with me to work. And as sick as I get of that place throughout the week, having Cole there to talk about how cool everything is and be excited about all the things I overlook makes Saturdays my favorite days to work. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather spend my Saturday not working. But, when you're tired or frustrated or just taking life for granted, let a child explain to you how awesome all these things that surround us are. It doesn't matter what it is, they are likely to find a reason that it is amazing. Because this world we've been given, it really is amazing.

1 comment:

  1. yes, yes it is...an amazing world. And what amazes me most is that you and B found each other. You are both the same kind of different.

    ReplyDelete