Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I was a teenage anarchist.

I'm tired tonight.  That is happening a lot lately.  I must be getting old. 

Driving in Buford this past weekend, by the Mall of Georgia, I saw a man riding an all terrain unicycle.  I very nearly rolled down my window and proposed to him. 

I saw several people in Atlanta wearing Vibram Five Fingers shoes.  There are the oddest and possibly the ugliest shoes I've seen.  Which means that I will own a pair within 6 months. 

When I go back to Atlanta, I remember more clearly how I was at 19.  Before Cole, before Jerkface, before bills and responsibilities and stress.  Back when I knew how my life was going to be.  Back when I knew that I was going to change the world. 

Do you remember when you were young and you wanted to set the world on fire?

I wouldn't change the dramatic detour that my life took for anything.  Of all my regrets, becoming a mother will never be one.

I still want to set the world on fire.  I'm still going to set this world on fire.  And you know what?  So will my son. 

3 comments:

  1. "And with these wings, we'll set the world on fire!"

    I must say, that's one thing I feel that I missed out on. I never had those teenage ambitions to turn the world around(at least not that I recall). I was kind of boring actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't outgrown mine yet, I guess.

    ReplyDelete