Thursday, July 29, 2010

Just see me through the fight, somehow.

I'm decaffeinated.  Ugh. 

When I was in college, I developed a bit of a caffeine addiction.  We're talking 2-4 energy drinks a day, plus 1-3 cokes to tide me over between the energy drinks.  And maybe a couple cups of coffee.  And then, I became pregnant and had to stop the caffeine.  Fortunately I had the morning sickness to distract me from the withdrawals. 

Now, I can't handle the caffeine like I could then.  One energy drink or cup of coffee has me pretty happy.  Giddy, even.  But that one cup of coffee also gets me re-hooked.  I could make an excuse that the first one doesn't...it's the second or third or fourteenth that does it.  But there can't be a second or fourteenth without the first one.  So, usually, caffeine is rare and I'm very careful to limit the intake.  Last week, I wasn't, what with all the doing stuff and driving places and not sleeping. 

So, today, I got to start the whole decaffeinating process.  Which means I"m grumpy and my head hurts and I'd trade my left pinky toe for a Red Bull. 

Today, in my car, Mute Math came on the radio, with the song The Fight.  This made me intensely happy and I've listened to the song half a dozen times now.  It's worth checking out.  (Of course, I think all things Mute Math are worth checking out.)  

Cole is sleeping better.  We bought a lamp for the living room which I leave on at night, so he isn't afraid of waking up in the dark anymore.  And he hasn't destroyed anything so far this week, which makes me happy.  Yesterday he fell asleep on the way home from grocery shopping.  After sleeping on the couch for about an hour he stretched and rolled over and said, "Oh, it's time for a nap."  He cracks me up, even when he's asleep.  

Tomorrow.  Tomorrow is going to be a great day.  Tomorrow I'm going to get a lot done and be happy and remember how to love and breathe and be.  Tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Oh come on one little hit... er... drink of coffee won't get you hooked. have a little fun....

    ReplyDelete