Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Can I break the spell of the typical?

I have come here several times in the past week to try and write a post.   I simply haven't been able to.  So, in a misguided attempt at inspiration, I've been reading some old stuff I have, hidden away.  This is from about 2.5 years ago. 

I am a person, and I am beautiful, and I am real.
I will have good days, and I will have bad days.

Some days I will care too much,
and some days I will be apathetic.
Some days I will love you,
and some days I will want to shove you down a flight of stairs.
Some days I will work,
and some days I will want to do everything else.
Some days I will try and fail and learn and be happy,
and some days I will succeed and still be miserable.
Some days I will sing for no reason,
and some days I will cry for no reason.
Some days I will be flawed and not care,
and some days I will try to fix those flaws.

Because I am real, and that is what is important.
This is my life, and I can't allow
anyone to tell me
how I should live it.
If I can't stand on my own,
then I don't deserve
to stand at all.

2 comments: