Saturday, September 11, 2010

...rain is falling like rhinestones from the sky.

So, I'm not dead.  I haven't forgotten my blog.  I've just been... distracted.  But in a good way.

Okay, complaining first.  Cole hasn't slept well all week, which translates into I haven't slept well all week.  I am not really sure why.  Last weekend was our bi-monthly trip to Atlanta for him to be with his father.  And he has been restless every night since then, crying out in his sleep and such.  I'd really like to know why, but I don't.  All I can do is treat the symptoms, which is a lousy plan.  Last night he didn't settle down until after midnight.

Now, the good stuff.  Today was Cole's first Tae Kwon Do tournament!  It went very well and he did great.  He was nervous when we first got there, but after a few minutes of practicing he calmed down.  When it came time to compete he didn't hesitate.  He placed second in forms for his division... which only had two in it.  But he really did very well.  In weapons he placed 3rd, out of 4.  There was another white belt, an orange belt and a purple belt that competed against him, though, and they were all 2 years older than him.  Oh, and they were all his classmates. I"m super proud, in case you can't tell!  We now have 2 rather large trophies now that I need to find a place for.  Cole is really proud of them.  His second place one is two-tiered, and he keeps toting it around like a gun... 

In other news, I'm tired.   Cole was rather wound up after he finished at the tourny, but managed to eventually crash and nap in the car and is back to being wound up again, although a bit more manageably this time.  I've felt all week like I have to get a lot of stuff done.  I'm not sure why, aside from having a migraine a couple of days which meant I didn't do anything.  I still feel like I need to get lots of things done, though I'm not sure what all though things are.  Plus, if I stay still, I'm going to fall asleep.  And if I nap now, then I'll be up all night. 

Who am I kidding?  I'll be up half the night anyways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment