Thursday, September 16, 2010

In the wee small hours of the morning...

My house is clean.  My child has been sleeping soundly for several hours.  All my laundry is clean and put away.  I even (finally) transferred ringtones to and photos from my phone.  At this moment, I have nothing to do. 

But I am awake.

If I think about it for more than 30 seconds, I can come up with a whole long list of things to do.  Clean my car, go grocery shopping, hang up clothes (which I hatehatehate, which is why it's not getting donedonedone.), just to name a very few.  But most of those things must be done tomorrow, not now.  They aren't pressing at the current moment.  Nothing is. 

It's a nice feeling. 

I suppose I should revel in it.  My alarm will ring much sooner than I would like it to.  When it does, my to-do list will be waiting again. 

I am so ashamed of all these unopened doors. 
I am so ashamed of what I have become
that, oh, my heart is bursting again, 
don't leave this mark. 

No comments:

Post a Comment