Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Learn from your mother or you'll spend your days biting your own neck.

Cole is awesome. 

At Round House, he got into a bit of trouble over playing in a deep mud puddle.  He was soaked at the way to his shoulders and had mud in his hair.  We were walking to dinner and he saw another puddle.  "Mama, can I walk through that water, please?"  He was told yes, and did so.  "Thank you, Mama, for letting me walk through the puddle.  I love getting my boots wet.  And I love getting eaten by monsters."

No idea on that last bit. 

Today at work, he asked me to cut his orange into crescents.  That was the word he used and, yes, he knew what it meant. 

This evening I had Bourne Identity playing during dinner.  Upon seeing the very first fight scene in the park (which isn't much of a fight since Bourne disarms and takes down both officers within about 5 seconds), Cole nonchalantly says, "Well, he can fight pretty good."

Oh, and his play fort has now become a spaceship. 

1 comment:

  1. Impressive and cute. And who doesn't love being eaten by monsters?

    ReplyDelete