Tuesday, December 7, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things.

So, it's been a while.  How are you?  How are things?  Good, good.  I'm... good.  Thanks for asking.

Thanksgiving was a good week.  Yes, it has been nearly two weeks but I neglected to blog about any of if.  It was a good week.  Eleven days, actually.  B was here for eleven days.  It was fantastic.  Some of what happened falls into what would be thought of as the Big Deal category.  Stuff like B meeting my parents for the first time and spending Thanksgiving with them and me, or B taking care of Cole for an entire day by himself.  But for me, it was the smaller stuff that was more impactful.

This was our first road trip together, being stuck in a tiny car for 6 hours (twice).  With a four year old.  But the time seemed to fly by rather than drag the way it usually does.  Listening to B and Cole tell each other stories for about an hour was awesome.  I got to watch B playing with Cole.  B even put Cole to bed a couple of nights and I eavesdropped a little.  :)  B and I spent a day wandering around Midtown Atlanta and riding the MARTA for no real reason and with nowhere to really be.  We ate sushi and got yelled at by a hobo.  At my house B did dishes, laundry, and helped with Christmas decorations.  I came home from work one day to find the really messy kitchen I had been too tired to clean the night before completely clean.  Seriously.  Having someone around who wants to help out and does so without me asking is a new thing for me. 

It turns out that I like it. 

6 comments:

  1. I like this a lot. and. I like B. He seemed like such a nice guy and I am so glad we got to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that things are going well and you had a great Thanksgiving with him and your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw that he wore a Punisher shirt (at least I'm 99% sure it was) I figured he was pretty much perfect for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree - Thanksgiving was great and so was meeting B!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so proud of B-man for being helpful and loving and kind. YOU bring out the best in him :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carl - It was indeed a Punisher shirt. And you just have no idea.

    Karen - Thanks. I think he actually brings out the best in me, though.

    ReplyDelete